teacher: Berit Elizabeth
How strong is your presence?
What kind of a first impression do you make?
How well do you express yourself under pressure?
In Indian Kathakali theater rasa is the Sanskrit word for a feeling that is generated when we express emotion through our facial expressions, posture, breath, movement and voice. This introductory lab will explore how the ancient concept of rasa is still relevant today in our daily interactions, such as interviewing, dating, and public speaking.
What to expect:
- Movement, breath work & relaxation techniques
- Learn about the 8 rasas at the core of all emotions
- Theater-inspired games to illustrate the science of body language
- Practice speaking and interacting from various poses, or bhavas, for each emotion
Discover how you can leverage the power of rasa to:
- Communicate with confidence
- Align your body language with your true voice
- Build authentic connections in your work & personal life
- Practice empathy or hold personal boundaries