The Magic Shop: Summer Series
teacher: kendra Renzoni
cost: $90/series (Early bird $80 by June 18th)
Mount holyoke college faculty/staff pay only $60
July 9th - august 13th (No class july 23rd)
This course is designed to take intermediate level students towards a level 3 practice! We will work with more advanced postures within longer sequences that include headstand, handstand, shoulder stand, backbends, forward bends, bindings and arm balances. These classes are for more seasoned yoga students that are comfortable with inversions. Students will develop strength and refinement in all asanas.
WE WILL DO THIS THROUGH:
- Workshop Style Breaking-It-Down / Step-By-Step Supportive work
- Therapeutics to increase mobility, range of motion, and release restrictions (Yoga Tune-Up Balls, Functional Range Conditioning, etc..)
- Focused work on Standing Poses, Forward Bends, Back-Bends, & Inversions
- Repetition to integrate what we have learned and witness growth
- Yoga and Chinese 5 Element Philosophy as a tool for working with thoughts and learning self inquiry, as physical and emotional openings begin to occur.
- Feet and Ankles
- Spinal Mobility
- Upper, Middle and Lower Back (strength and mobility)
- Hand and Wrist Mobility and Strength
- Chest Opening
- Shoulders (increasing range of motion & strengthening)
- Neck & Jaw Releasing
- Breath work
The first three classes will take place in the Rose Garden, near the botanical green and greenhouse. The last two classes will take place on the Pageant green behind the Amphitheatre. If it’s raining, class will be held at Serenity Yoga, 15 College Street in the Village Commons. Kendra will communicate with everyone directly if class will be held inside.