Foundations - a 5-Week Series Course For Beginners
teacher: michele lyman
july 26th - august 23rd
You’ve wanted to try yoga forever, and you know it can help reduce stress, ease pain, increase flexibility, and improve your overall health.
But you’re a little scared to walk into an ongoing class. You worry that you aren’t flexible enough, that you won’t know what to do, or that other people will be staring at you. If this sounds familiar, this beginner course will offer the safe space you need to ease into yoga.
In this course you will:
- Have a solid understanding of all the basic postures
- Learn the foundational poses: standing postures, forward bends, twists & beginner-level backbends
- Learn alignment
- Feel safe to ask questions
- Increase your strength and flexibility
- Reduce stress
- Gain the confidence you need to begin a home practice or attend other yoga classes
This class is fun, safe and comfortable for students who’ve never done yoga before, are beginners, or have done yoga before but would like to return to the basics. It may also be suitable for students who have physical concerns or injuries.